From Phil – Please read below. if anyone is free to pop along to the steeple church on Wednesday the 13th September to offer their views and opinion re mental health this would be very helpful and appreciated. Again if you could share this on your social media it would be appreciated ty.
Mental Health Service Redesign
Issue 5, August 2017
NHS Tayside is redesigning Adult Mental Health Inpatient
Services and Learning Disability Inpatient Services as part
of its Mental Health Services Redesign Transformation Programme.
People have been sharing their views during the first six weeks of the public consultation on proposals to move to a single site for General Adult Psychiatry (GAP) acute admissions at Carseview Centre in Dundee and a single site for Learning Disability (LD) services at Murray Royal Hospital in Perth. The option has already been presented to NHS Tayside committees, Tayside NHS Board, and Perth and Kinross, Dundee and Angus Integration Joint Boards.
The consultation will run until Wednesday 4 October 2017, during which time the programme team is gathering views and feedback from service users, carers, staff and members of the public. All views will be included in a final report with recommendations for the new service model, which will be presented back to the NHS Tayside and Integration Joint Boards before Perth & Kinross Integration Joint Board makes a final decision.
A series of public consultation events will be held across Tayside in September which will offer an opportunity to give views on the proposals.
- Monday 4 September, 4-6pm, St Andrews Church, Hamilton Green, Arbroath
- Tuesday 5 September, 2-5pm, Montrose YMCA, 98 Murray Street, Montrose
- Thursday 7 September, 11am-2.30pm, Kirriemuir Town Hall, Reform Street, Kirriemuir
- Monday 11 September, 2-6pm, Gannochy Suite, Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth
- Tuesday 12 September, 11am-2.30pm, Strathearn Artspace, 6 Comrie Street, Crieff
- Wednesday 13 September, 2-6pm, The Steeple, Nethergate, Dundee
- Thursday 14 September, 2-5pm, Blairgowrie Town Hall, Brown Street, Blairgowrie
- Monday 18 September, 11am-2pm, Pitlochry Town Hall, West Moulin Road, Pitlochry
- Wednesday 20 September, 11am-2.30pm, Auchterarder Community Church, High Street, Auchterarder
- Thursday 21 September, 11am-2.30pm, Loch Leven Community Campus, The Muirs, Kinross
Information about the proposed option and an online questionnaire are available on the consultation website www.taysidementalhealthredesign.scot.nhs.uk. People can also email email@example.com, call Freephone 0800 7836 110 or write to Public Involvement, Tayside NHS Board, Freepost SCO 6181, Dundee, DD3 8ZR.
Launching the consultation, Chief Officer for Perth & Kinross Health and Social Care Partnership Robert Packham said, “People across Angus, Dundee, and Perth & Kinross have been sharing valuable feedback with us during the first half of the consultation period for mental health and learning disability services and these information events will be a further opportunity for people to have their voices heard.
“We would like to hear as many views as possible from people across Tayside and would encourage members of the public to take part in the consultation and give us their feedback on the proposed option.”
Please use the buttons below to share to your social media timelines. Good attendances at these meetings is really important.
The link below will open a PDF poster with the above dates on it.